A modest proposal (re the Platform)

Jens Petersen juhp at community.haskell.org
Fri Jan 24 04:04:39 UTC 2014

> I know it is difficult but if ghc and haskell-platform could align
> their schedules better then things might be easier to plan in the future.

Really I would like to see a HP release now *and* one after 7.8.1! :)
I think HP beta releases should follow each ghc release
and there can be additional point release updates as needed
between major ghc releases.  The stable HP release would come
from the latest stable ghc release.  So ideally we could have an
updated stable release based on 7.6.3 and an alpha/beta release
after 7.8.1 is released.  For such pre-releases the binaries do not
have to be ready on the release day just a source tarball.
RCs with binaries once tested could be promoted to stable releases.