Pattern synonyms for 7.8?

Joachim Breitner mail at joachim-breitner.de
Mon Jan 6 13:17:57 UTC 2014

Hi,

Am Montag, den 06.01.2014, 12:42 +0000 schrieb Simon Peyton-Jones:
> We could put it in the release with warnings saying "the exact
> details, esp of syntax, might change, but do try it".  I'd be ok with
> that, and we've done it before.
>
> What do other people think?

This feature may be so good that people will use it in, say, released
libraries, disregarding the warning.

But it seems that any possible syntax change will only affect those who
define pattern synonyms, and not those who use them, and hence only
cause work for those disregarding the warning, I’m in favor of
inclusion.

Greetings,
Joachim

--