windows-x86-head (Windows/x86 HEAD (Gabor Pali)), build 2, Success

Páli Gábor János pali.gabor at gmail.com
Mon Aug 25 09:19:15 UTC 2014

> thanks a lot for your fantastic job on getting windows builder running.

You are most welcome.

> It's great to have that in the pool and not need to speculate if the change
> breaks windows build or not sometimes in the future when someone attempts
> to build that. Now it's one night turn over and this is great.

Though, I think it is still a bit bumpy.  I will have to fix the build
environment to avoid the build failing in odd ways, such as today's
problem [1].  By digging into the config.log mentioned in the log, it
appears to be some unrelated permission issue.  (That I am hoping to
fix locally.)

On that note, I had a problem with the lndir utility in both MinGW
[2].  For some reason, lndir does not like when the path (of the
directory hierarchy to be mirrored, its first parameter) starts with
"C:/".  Instead, it prefers the traditional UNIX-ish pathname.  That
is, omitting calling ghc-pwd (and replacing for pwd) for setting the
TOP make(1) variable in mk/config.mk would make it work fine, I guess.
For now, I wrapped lndir to normalize the pathname it gets, but this
is a band-aid solution only.

I am pondering if anybody else has faced this problem before.  All you
have to do is to invoke the "sdist" target after the build is done.
Otherwise it will not cause any other difficulties.

[1] http://haskell.inf.elte.hu/builders/windows-x86-head/4/10.html
[2] http://haskell.inf.elte.hu/builders/windows-x86_64-head/2/16.html