Release building for Windows

Mikhail Glushenkov the.dead.shall.rise at gmail.com
Mon Aug 4 12:59:26 UTC 2014

Hi,

On 4 August 2014 14:52, Sven Panne <svenpanne at gmail.com> wrote:
> Do you have an URL for this FAQ? I can't find it, and I can't remember
> what's wrong with --enable-split-objs. :-( What is the impact for
> people using large libraries (like OpenGL/OpenGLRaw/...) where you
> often use only a small part? Will you get a huge executable then? IIRC
> that's at least the case for Linux.

https://ghc.haskell.org/trac/ghc/wiki/GHC-7.8-FAQ

One of the problems is that split-objs is extremely slow, especially
on Windows. I had to disable split-objs for OpenGL-related libraries
when building the HP installer in the past because of this.

Randy also said that libraries built with split-objs don't work well
in ghci on Windows x64.