pull failing due to deleted .buildinfo files

Herbert Valerio Riedel hvr at gnu.org
Fri Oct 25 13:06:48 UTC 2013

On 2013-10-25 at 11:54:29 +0200, Simon Marlow wrote:

[...]

> # Changes not staged for commit:
> #       deleted:    process.buildinfo
>
> I know how to revert this and keep going, but it seems that the build
> shouldn't be deleting files in the repo.  Anyone know anything about
> this?

The problem was that the top-level ghc.mk's clean_libraries target
cleaned out all *.buildinfo files regardless of whether they were
generated from *.buildinf.in templates via ./configure.

I believe to have fixed that by

  http://git.haskell.org/ghc.git/commitdiff/115eb4a8dba371dd155795910dc52c0e33389599

However, you'll have to restore the missing files via 'git checkout
process.buildinfo' or alike in the respective folder... :-/

Sorry for the inconvenience,
  hvr