ghci tests failing with role outputs

Richard Eisenberg eir at cis.upenn.edu
Wed Oct 23 18:26:58 UTC 2013

Hi all,

The recent spate of commits that I've pushed change the default roles assigned to classes. Accordingly, I also changed the filter used within ghci only to print out role information when it differs from the default. However, if you've incorporated my commits but haven't updated your libraries, you'll get failures in ghci tests, as the roles in your built libraries won't correspond to the new defaults. These errors are harmless, and it's safe to continue to use the old roles in your compiled libraries. But, if you want clean tests, you will have to recompile the libraries, and then everything will line up again.

Richard