GHC 7.8 Release Status & Schedule

Bryan O'Sullivan bos
Wed Oct 9 23:07:00 UTC 2013

On Sat, Oct 5, 2013 at 9:25 AM, Austin Seipp <austin at well-typed.com> wrote:

>  - Nov 1st: Cut branch, and I plan on making a 7.8 RC1 available the
> same day, for several platforms.

Hi, Austin -

Thanks for writing this up.

One of the factors that's blocking my ability to build Hackage packages is
that Hackage does not contain versions of a number of bundled-with-GHC
packages that have versions matching the versions shipping with HEAD. It
would unblock that process somewhat if you were to upload new versions of
unix and various other packages that are not yet in sync fairly soon,
preferably well before cutting the branch. Thanks!