[Haskell-cafe] Poll & plea: State of GUI & graphics libraries in Haskell

Sven Panne svenpanne
Sat Oct 5 18:49:50 UTC 2013

2013/10/1 Carter Schonwald <carter.schonwald at gmail.com>:
> [...] to the best of my knowledge this issue is resolved in HEAD. Test HEAD.
> Help us make sure it stays resolved by testing HEAD. [...]

I don't have spare cycles left to do the building + testing for
myself, so I'd like to turn this around: Is there any test coverage
regarding the upcoming GHC 7.8 and the libraries in the Haskell
Platform? I'm thinking especially about the examples in
https://github.com/haskell-opengl/GLUT/tree/master/examples
(especially RedBook8/Chapter01). Building alone is not enough, one has
to test this manually. :-/ Avoiding any unpleasant surprises would be
nice. Some nightly builds of the upcoming 7.8 *plus* the HP for
several platforms would really help here. Do we have such a thing?

Regarding -fno-ghci-sandbox: I never needed to use that flag, even
with the GLUT examples in GHCi. When exactly should this be necessary?