fixing up links to commits and ghc source on trac wiki/trackers

Herbert Valerio Riedel hvr at gnu.org
Sat May 25 11:43:00 CEST 2013

On 2013-05-24 23:52:47 +0200, Austin Seipp wrote:
> The catch is that we don't want to move off of what it's in Debian,
> from what I remember. These are obviously slightly dated versions of
> Trac.

Being the author of the original git plugin[1], I feel the need to make
a few comments:

 - The git-plugin version available in lenny is rather ancient and dates
   back to 2008

 - wheezy's git-plugin is basically HEAD of [2], which dates back to
   2011

 - wheezy ships with Trac 0.12.3 (as wheezy decided to ship the
   current 0.12.x LTS branch of Trac)

 - The 0.12.x version of the trac git plugin is not actively maintained
   anymore (by me) and I don't know of anyone else who has taken over
   active maintainance

 - However, the git plugin was merged upstream into Trac project some
   time ago, and is now part of Trac 1.0 and later. This also means the
   git backend is being actively maintained and improved by the Trac
   HQ[3][4]. Moreover, it's even show-cased on trac.edgewall.org [5].

 - Therefore, I'd recommend using Trac 1.0.x even though that version is
   not the one in wheezy (but I expect it to hit wheezy-backports sooner
   or later as it's already in experimental[6]).

> Of course that's a ridiculous understatement because the *real*
> problem IMO is that haskell.org is still running Debian 5 (Lenny.)
> We're beyond obsolete.

cheers,
  hvr

 [1]: http://trac-hacks.org/wiki/GitPlugin