Stage1Only

Gabor Greif ggreif at gmail.com
Fri Apr 12 14:51:44 CEST 2013

On 4/9/13, Gabor Greif <ggreif at gmail.com> wrote:
> On 4/9/13, Trevor Elliott <trevor at galois.com> wrote:
>> So this did something different, but still tries to build tools like
>> hsc2hs with the stage1 compiler.  This won't really work for a target
>> like the HaLVM, as there's no notion of a filesystem in the target
>> environment.
>
> I made the same observation. In cross-mode with Stage1Only many (if
> not all) of the compiler/ lib is built, but there is no final linking
> of stage2.

Following up on this...

The relevant excerpt from the make --debug log seems to be

  Successfully remade target file `all_compiler_stage1'.
   File `all_compiler' does not exist.
     File `all_compiler_stage2' does not exist.
       File `all_compiler_stage2_v' does not exist.
         File `compiler/stage2/build/libHSghc-7.7.20130407.a' does not exist.

Apparently all_compiler depends on all_compiler_stage2 currently,
which it should not, given $(Stage1Only)=="YES".

Let's see if I can fix it.

Cheers,

    Gabor