[GHC DevOps Group] Help with S3 costs

Simon Peyton Jones simonpj at microsoft.com
Tue Jan 22 22:50:12 UTC 2019

I think it would probably help to summarise all the costs that we are currently incurring, and who is currently paying for them (including in-kind contributions).  That would help to give perspective.

Not incurring costs unnecessarily is obviously the first step, so your second message (with good news about reducing storage costs) is great.  If the remaining monthly cost still looks high, we should review whether we want to keep everything we are keeping.  Does anyone ever look at this stuff?

You should not have to pay for anything personally!

Simon