[GHC DevOps Group] The future of Phabricator

Manuel Chakravarty manuel.chakravarty at tweag.io
Wed Nov 7 09:48:24 UTC 2018

That all sounds very good to me.

If I understand correctly, the most tricky issue is the combination of

(a) migrating Trac is not quite sorted yet and might require manual intervention and

(b) it really is much safer/easier to migrate Trac before switching git hosting over to GitLab.

Everything else can be sorted out incrementally. Is that right?

You are writing that the goal is to accept MRs in a bit more than a months time (which is just in time before Rackspace goes away). Given that handling Trac seems to be the most volatile variable here,

* what do you think when the migration script will be robust enough?
* how much of the remaining 90% can be done after migration by cleaning up migrated data?

Cheers,
Manuel