[GHC DevOps Group] CI

Simon Marlow marlowsd at gmail.com
Thu Oct 19 09:41:01 UTC 2017

On 19 October 2017 at 04:02, Manuel M T Chakravarty <
manuel.chakravarty at tweag.io> wrote:

> be
> >>
> >> Jonas spent some time on the macOS build on CircleCI.
> >>
> >> It might be useful to make a list of all the things that need to be
> >> done and add it to the CI Trac page. Should we take a stab at that
> >> next week (when your schedule calms down a bit)?
> >>
> > Let's make sure that there are no objections from the Simons (or anyone
> > else on the list, for that matter). If not, then sure, let's do it.
>
> Yes, absolutely, let’s make it explicit. Are there any remaining
> objections to us going forward with the hosted option?

Not from me, but just to point out that CircleCI has Phabricator
integration (https://circleci.com/docs/1.0/phabricator/) and it looks
pretty straightforward to set up.  I don't know if AppVeyor has something
similar, but if it does then we can decouple the choice of CI from
code-review tool, and move more slowly on the latter issue. I think that's
important, because changing existing workflows will have more impact on
existing developers, and we need a longer period to discuss that. Also
there are a number of technical issues with adopting GitHub that haven't
been discussed yet (existing commit hooks in particular).

Cheers
Simon

Manuel