[GHC DevOps Group] CircleCI job accounting question

Ben Gamari ben at well-typed.com
Wed Nov 29 20:54:09 UTC 2017

Ben Gamari <ben at well-typed.com> writes:

> Hi Manuel,
>
> I seem to recall you earlier mentioning that CircleCI jobs associated
> with forks of a repository do not count towards the job limit of the
> forked repository. How certain are you that this is the case?

It turns out that what I suspected is indeed the case: my builds are
indeed running against the ghc organization's container allowance. This
can be seen by clicking on the "Show Queued Builds" button on a queued
build. The message above the queue list says,

    This build has been queued behind the following builds for 05:19
    This build is running under ghc's plan which provides 1 containers,
    plus 3 additional containers available for free and open source
    projects. Add Containers to run more builds concurrently.

Unfortunately I haven't yet been able to determine /why/ this is so. I
suspect it is because I am a member of the `ghc` organization, but I
haven't been able to find any clear language in the documentation
confirming that this is so.

Cheers,

- Ben