[Freebsd-haskell] Porting haskell based software to FreeBSD

Gabor Pali pgj at freebsd.org
Sun Dec 31 15:15:09 UTC 2017

https://lists.freebsd.org/pipermail/freebsd-haskell/2017-December/000039.html

> I tried hsporter but it didn't build for me, so I've done it manually. I didn't realize it at first, but it'll be between 45-50 ports when it's all done, so it would have been nice with an automated procedure.

For me, the amount of required manual work has not yet reached the
level of pain to motivate me to invest more time into the automated
solution.  According to my last memories on that matter, solving this
problem in a generic way (which I usually prefer) is not a
straightforward task.  Although the procedure is polished and simple
it still has many moves that would require manual review.

> What about my question on setting for MAINTAINER?

I did not include in my reply as I agreed with Ashish.  His answer was
basically that you can assign them to yourself but I you set them to
haskell@, it can make things easier.