[Fieldtrip] Adding lighting to FieldTrip

David Sankel camior at gmail.com
Thu Dec 11 15:52:00 EST 2008

Hello All,

I'm working on adding lighting to the FieldTrip library (ticket
http://trac.haskell.org/FieldTrip/ticket/16). I have some initial data types
here:

http://hpaste.org/12975

I'm thinking that the GContext will keep track of which of the 8 opengl
lights are used and enable them if they are.

I was wondering what ideas folks have had with lighting. Some issues that
are on my mind:

   - OpenGL limits the number of lights to 8.
   - It would be nice, for a spotlight primitive, to allow the light's
   position and a point it is pointing toward to go through different
   transformations. This would allow a fixed light to follow an object, for
   example. I don't know yet how to provide this functionality.

Thanks,

David