unsafePerformIO and unsafeInterleaveIO

Alastair Reid reid at cs.utah.edu
Wed Mar 21 12:58:22 EST 2001

> Without a standard way to get
> at unsafePerformIO, such code would still rely on
> non-standard features, which goers against the aim of
> standardising the rest of the FFI.

The Hugs-GHC standard libs have them exported from IOExts.

Of course, the Hugs-GHC standard isn't an official Haskell library committee approved standard but, since it's something like 4
years old, I think it's a better candidate for approval than the ffi library which hasn't really stabilised yet, hasn't been whacked
on by a large number of users, is much younger, etc.