Multi-library/package support for cabal

John Alfred Nathanael Chee cheecheeo at gmail.com
Tue Jun 23 22:04:35 UTC 2015

Hi Bardur,

https://github.com/haskell/cabal/issues/2004 is another bug that seems like
it could be related. The idea is to use a single sandbox across multiple
packages so if you have a directory layout like

top/
  application/
  library1/
  library2/

If you were to then:

cd top, cabal sandbox init, cd library2, cabal install, cd ../library1,
cabal install, cd ../application, cabal install

The packages library1, library2 and their dependencies would all be
installed in the sandbox in top and the cabal install inside the
application directory would resolve dependencies from that sandbox. Each
folder would still maintain its own cabal configuration so global analysis
wouldn't be possible (or on the other hand, necessary).

On Fri, Jun 19, 2015 at 12:03 PM, Bardur Arantsson <spam at scientician.net>
wrote:

> On 06/19/2015 08:59 PM, Thomas Tuegel wrote:
> [--snip--]
>
> Thank you, I'll have a thorough look at everything you pointed out
> tomorrow. Likewise for anyone else who'd care to chime in! :)
>
> Regards,

Love in Jesus Christ, John Alfred Nathanael Chee
http://www.biblegateway.com/
http://web.cecs.pdx.edu/~chee/