Hackage security alpha

Duncan Coutts duncan at well-typed.com
Wed Jul 8 18:42:20 UTC 2015

On Wed, 2015-07-08 at 15:10 +0100, Andres Löh wrote:
> Hi Roman.
>
> On Wed, Jul 08, 2015 at 04:37:44PM +0300, Roman Cheplyaka wrote:
> > Where exactly should I be looking for /snapshot.json?
> >
> > % curl -D - https://hackage.haskell.org/snapshot.json
>
> They're provided on the two "mirrors", but not on the main Hackage
> server (yet):
>
> https://hackage.haskell.org/security-alpha/mirror1/snapshot.json
> https://hackage.haskell.org/security-alpha/mirror2/snapshot.json

Right, for the alpha we're just providing these two "mirrors" which are
just static file sets (created by the hackage-security tool for managing
file based repos).

The plan is that for the beta we'll deploy the server side code on
hackage.h.o meaning that the main "smart" server will provide all the
required security metadata.

--
Duncan Coutts, Haskell Consultant