Patch to read package-specific cabal-install config

Carl Baatz carl.baatz at gmail.com
Tue Jan 10 22:15:42 CET 2012

Hi Erik,

thanks for the clarification -- being able to download from multiple
repos is indeed useful. Understood about command line utility to upload.
Having thought about this today, we think we might do something along
the same line that integrates with version control. If we don't, I
suspect we'll just use our patch and publish private packages using
cabal upload.

Agree that it's a good idea to associate username and password with
individual remote repos in the config. Still think it makes sense to
have package specific cabal-install configs however -- as a way of
giving a default for the cabal upload remote repo flag you suggest for
example.

Thanks for your insight!

Best,

Carl