Agreeing on a UI for sandboxes

Johan Tibell johan.tibell at gmail.com
Fri Aug 31 23:45:13 CEST 2012

On Fri, Aug 31, 2012 at 1:13 PM, Mikhail Glushenkov
<the.dead.shall.rise at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> On Fri, Aug 31, 2012 at 9:27 PM, Mikhail Glushenkov
> <the.dead.shall.rise at gmail.com> wrote:
>>
>>> Here's an idea: as a compromise we can have cabal build imply
>>> reb-building and installing only add-source dependencies. This means
>>> nothing has to be downloaded from the internet. Lets not worry about
>>> minimize rebuilding now. Just call build in each add-source repo and
>>> reinstall the library. GHC will already skip most of the rebuilding
>>> (but not the relinking?).
>
> Additionally, if you edit the .cabal file of an add-source dependency
> and add new dependencies, they *will* have to be downloaded from the
> internet.

That's fine I think. It's like you added a dependency of the main
library. The user will need to install that dependency by running

   cabal install --only-dependencies

There's a question whether he/she would have to run that in the dir of
the dependency or the dir of the main lib.

-- Johan