New cabal-install release (and schedule) needed

Bryan O'Sullivan bos at serpentine.com
Mon Aug 27 23:08:52 CEST 2012

On Mon, Aug 27, 2012 at 1:55 PM, Johan Tibell <johan.tibell at gmail.com>wrote:

> Development takes place on the master branch which is, some time
> before the release, forked into a cabal-x.y branch. The cabal-x.y
> branch will only receive bug fixes up til the release. General
> development (i.e. new features) continue going in to the master branch
> at all times. We need to merge bug fixes from the cabal-x.y branch
> back into master, at a minimum after the release of that branch.

That sounds fine to me.

Other small details:

   - We should bump the cabal-install package version to be the same as the
   Cabal package version, and increment both at the same time. It's deeply
   confusing to have the two out of sync.
   - I'd like to get rid of some old named branches that no longer have any
   value, e.g. cabal-1.2. Keeping tags around for a long time makes sense,
   branches do not.