New test-suite functionality

Jean-Marie Gaillourdet jmg at gaillourdet.net
Sat Nov 27 09:01:24 EST 2010

Hi,

Thomas Tuegel <ttuegel <at> gmail.com> writes:

> On Thu, Nov 25, 2010 at 11:07 PM, Antoine Latter <aslatter <at>
gmail.com> wrote:
> > Hi Cabal,
> >
> > Is there documentation for the new test-suite functionality? I tried
> > adding the following stanza to my package description:
> >
> > test-suite basic
> >    default-language: Haskell2010
> >    type: exitcode-stdio-1.0
> >    main-is: Basic.hs
> >    hs-source-dirs: tests
<snip>

> Are you configuring/building the package with the commands 'cabal
> configure --enable-tests' and 'cabal build' before trying to run
> tests?  I suspect the problem you are encountering is that the default
> option for 'configure' is '--disable-tests'.  I apologize for the
> confusion; this is documented in the Cabal User's Guide, but obviously
> the documentation I wrote needs improvement :)

May I ask where that documentation can be found?  [1] doesn't mention
a single word about a test stanza. I've been trying to find some kind of
documentation since cabal started to complain, that my definition of the
 runTests hook is deprecated.

[1] http://www.haskell.org/cabal/release/cabal-latest/doc/users-guide/

Regards,
Jean

PS: Please include my email address on reply, since I am not subscribed
 to this mailing list.