patch applied (cabal): Add Text instance for CompilerFlavor and CompilerId

Duncan Coutts duncan.coutts at worc.ox.ac.uk
Fri Mar 21 14:07:25 EDT 2008

Thu Mar 20 22:12:50 PDT 2008  Duncan Coutts <duncan at haskell.org>
  * Add Text instance for CompilerFlavor and CompilerId
  This is a tad subtle since we actually have two ways of parsing
  compiler flavours. One expects, or at least allows lower case names
  like "ghc" and "nhc98", the other uses Read/Show which gives "GHC"
  and "NHC". What we're doing here is only changing the first variety.
  The cases where we parse using Read (and display using Show) are not
  changed. At some point we'll switch those over to the more liberal
  parser, but not yet as we don't want to cause compatibility problems.

    M ./Distribution/Compiler.hs -18 +36
    M ./Distribution/PackageDescription.hs -2 +2
    M ./Distribution/PackageDescription/Configuration.hs -3 +3
    M ./Distribution/Simple/BuildPaths.hs -3 +2
    M ./Distribution/Simple/Compiler.hs -3 +3
    M ./Distribution/Simple/InstallDirs.hs -2 +2

View patch online:

  http://darcs.haskell.org/cabal/_darcs/patches/20080321051250-adfee-2ea83d1f22517a74df03821fe8e7636dc01bb7bc.gz