patch applied (cabal-install): Record and report the exceptions that cause build failure

Duncan Coutts duncan.coutts at worc.ox.ac.uk
Wed Mar 19 13:22:15 EDT 2008

Wed Mar 19 10:07:53 PDT 2008  Duncan Coutts <duncan at haskell.org>
  * Record and report the exceptions that cause build failure
  When installing a bunch of package we have to catch exceptions since
  we carry on building other packages that did not depend on the
  failing package. We were recording what phase the failure was in but
  not the actual exception. We now record that too and print it along
  with the more general explanation of what package failed and in
  which phase. It's not perfect, eg when a package fails to compile we
  end up printing that the exception was "ExitFailure 1" which is not
  very useful.

    M ./Hackage/Install.hs -32 +39

View patch online:

  http://darcs.haskell.org/cabal-install/_darcs/patches/20080319170753-adfee-acf09082c342fa804cc1dc9725331f21eb9984d8.gz