patch applied (cabal): Use the same ReadP for all compilers, remove CPP hacks

Duncan Coutts duncan.coutts at worc.ox.ac.uk
Mon Mar 10 20:23:06 EDT 2008

Mon Mar 10 12:14:22 PDT 2008  Duncan Coutts <duncan at haskell.org>
  * Use the same ReadP for all compilers, remove CPP hacks
  If we're bundling a whole copy of ReadP then why bother trying to use
  the version from the base package, especially when that requires hacks
  to use the H98 version with some compilers and the non-H98 version in
  base. It just makes testing harder because we're using different versions
  with different compilers.
  As a bonus, hugs should no longer need the -98 flag to use Cabal.
  Added all the type signatures back in and fixed some warnings.

    M ./Distribution/Compat/ReadP.hs -58 +42

View patch online:

  http://darcs.haskell.org/cabal/_darcs/patches/20080310191422-adfee-0d58dbddf7be480cbe2360613753542d76a69714.gz