Adding an option to cabal-install

Duncan Coutts duncan.coutts at worc.ox.ac.uk
Thu Dec 20 11:08:27 EST 2007

On Tue, 2007-11-27 at 09:35 +0000, jb162 at brighton.ac.uk wrote:
> Hi Duncan,
>
> On Tue, 2007-11-27 at 02:02 +0000, Duncan Coutts wrote:
> >
> > Actually I'm just at the moment rewriting the way cabal-install handles
> > command line arguments.
> >
> OK, I'll look out for your changes.

It's pretty much all in now. I've got some further cleanups but I don't
have time to get them polished now and I don't want to hold up your
contributions. I can adapt any further cleanups after your proxy
changes.

You'll also note that there is now an upload command too. I don't know
how uploads work with proxies.

BTW, do you think it is necessary to put the http proxy in the
~/.cabal/config file? If it's just necessary for windows, perhaps we
should be getting the value from the registry somewhere. It'd be nice if
the HTTP library could do this for us - get the proxy from system's
native way of configuring such things.