[C2hs] Tutorial Ideas?

Ian Ross ian at skybluetrades.net
Mon Apr 27 13:56:17 UTC 2015

Dear All,

One of the things that C2HS is lacking is a good tutorial. So I’m going to
write one (or try to, anyway).

To make this as useful as possible, I’d like to base a large part of the
tutorial on a realistic case study of producing Haskell bindings to a C
library. My current plan is to break the tutorial into three parts: the
basics, the case study and “everything else”, for C2HS features that don’t
get covered in the first two parts. To make this even more useful, I’d like
to base the case study on a C library that someone actually cares about and
wants Haskell bindings for.

So, this is an open offer to anyone who has a suitable C library they'd
like Haskell bindings for -- let me know, I'll pick one to use and the
lucky winner will end up with Haskell bindings for at least a "useful"
portion of the library in question.  Some requirements are listed here:
http://www.skybluetrades.net/blog/posts/2015/04/27/c2hs-tutorial-request.html

Also, if you have any topics you'd particularly like to have covered in a
tutorial, let me know about that too!

Cheers,

Ian.

Ian Ross   Tel: +43(0)6804451378   ian at skybluetrades.net