[C2hs] c2hs + language.c

Benedikt Huber benjovi at gmx.net
Sat Jan 24 15:07:16 EST 2009

Hello,

Thanks for considering the patches !

On 24.01.2009, at 19:44, Duncan Coutts wrote:
> On Sat, 2009-01-24 at 16:57 +0000, Duncan Coutts wrote:
>> On Wed, 2008-08-20 at 20:49 +0200, Benedikt Huber wrote:
>>> Hello !
>>>
>>> I've set up a branch of c2hs using Language.C's parser and pretty
>>> printer.

>>> The branch also fixes a couple of bugs (#6,#8,#9,#12) and, as a
>>> small
>>> bonus, implements "enum define" hooks (Bug #5).
>>
>> I've pulled the changes and I'm just trying to get some tests
>> running.
>> You added ./tests/bugs/call_capital/ but I can't seem to make it
>> work.
>> It's looking for a "capital.h" but there's no such file.

Strange, this test works on my system - there should be a file
Capital.h, and in
fact, all files should be named Capital.? (with capital C). I'm on a
case-insensitive filesystem
though (sigh), so maybe some darcs confusion.

>> Can you think of any other good test cases to give us some
>> confidence?
>> I'd use gtk2hs but of course it is still using it's own c2hs fork.
>>
>> I did manage to test cairo as that's using the normal c2hs, at least
>> with patches to cabalise it. That produced identical results
>> (except for
>> numbering C2HS_COND_SENTRY_'s from 0 rather than 1).
>
> The packages on Hackage that declare that they use c2hs also
> continue to
> work fine (there may be others that use it but do not declare the
> fact).

Very good !
Could you please review (very small changes) and apply the following
patches, too ?
Just to ensure c2hs will work with the next release of language.c as
well (stays compatible
with 0.3.1).