[Blobs] Hi there, blobs people

bbr at informatik.uni-kiel.de bbr at informatik.uni-kiel.de
Mon Apr 24 15:24:55 EDT 2006

Recently, I have begun using blobs for my own project. It already has many
features I need and the code is very readble (although there could be more
documentation). As these projects are all about give and take, I would
like to make my extensions publicly available. Wher should I send them and
how? Should I use darcs send? (Never worked with it.)

My first extension is about a more flexible placement of node labels:
Instead of just above or below, I need other placements as well. Thus,
I modified the Justify data type to my needs and migrated it to Network.hs.

Now, the following placements are possible, best used with rectangular nodes.

                         Above
          |               Top                     |
LeftBeside|LeftInside    Center        RightInside|RightBeside
          |               Bottom                  |
                          Below

Especially I need nodes which form boxes around the centered label.
But for this I need a possibility to call (logical)TextExtend from
outside of NetworkView (in the node creation routine). Where do I
get this mystical DC () value??

More to come!
Cheers
Bernd