[Haskell-beginners] A one- or two-page diagram of how Haskell works?

Michael Turner michael.eugene.turner at gmail.com
Thu Jun 24 03:41:58 UTC 2021

When I write C, or even C++, I have a mental model of how execution
will proceed.

When I write Prolog, but get confused, I run a kind of skeletal
inference algorithm in my head and the confusion usually clears up. I
can imagine how things are stored and what's done with them. I can see
/through/ the code to the machine.

With Haskell, I still feel blind.

Has anyone summarized it all in a chart where I can look at it and
think, "Ah, OK, GHC is taking this line and thinking of it THIS way"?
If someone wanted to write an interpreter for Haskell, would there be
a way for them to see how it would basically need to work, in one
chart?

Regards,
Michael Turner
Executive Director
Project Persephone
1-25-33 Takadanobaba
Shinjuku-ku Tokyo 169-0075
Mobile: +81 (90) 5203-8682
turner at projectpersephone.org

Understand - http://www.projectpersephone.org/
Join - http://www.facebook.com/groups/ProjectPersephone/
Donate - http://www.patreon.com/ProjectPersephone
Volunteer - https://github.com/ProjectPersephone

"Love does not consist in gazing at each other, but in looking outward
together in the same direction." -- Antoine de Saint-Exupéry