[Haskell-beginners] Providing Haskell Libraries wrapped for other Languages

Leonhard Applis Leonhard.Applis at protonmail.com
Thu Nov 28 14:15:27 UTC 2019

Hi,
I am currently writing a small library. I will provide a small web-api for it, however I have some colleagues who neither have experience in haskell, nor in web-dev.
Also they maybe want to produce programs using my library without internet / docker / etc.

So in addition I'd like to provide the library "wrapped" for other languages, especially python, but maybe java as well.
These wrappers should do nothing except invoking their pardons on the library, and should somewhat contain the library.

What is the common way to do this?
I've seen "hyphen" as a super heavyweight solution, and I've seen people starting the haskell library listening on system-pipes.
I don't feel that these are the "best" solutions, atleast for my intention.

best regards
Leonhard