[Haskell-beginners] How to link two Types

David McBride toad3k at gmail.com
Wed Feb 22 16:29:16 UTC 2017

It is hard to tell from your code what you intend, but it works
however you want it to, so long as it type checks.

class Frame a where
  type Whatever a
  len :: Whatever a -> IO (Maybe Int)
  row :: Whatever a -> MaybeT IO (DifTomoFrame a DIM1)

instance Frame DataFrameH5Path  where
  type Whatever DataFrameH5Path = DataFrameH5
  len = undefined -- :: DataFrameH5 -> IO (Maybe Int)
  row = undefined -- :: DataFrameH5 -> Int -> MaybeT (DifTomoFrame
DataFrameH5Path DIM1)