[Haskell-beginners] Installing Idris for Linux Dummies: "The following packages are likely to be broken..."

Norbert Melzer timmelzer at gmail.com
Tue Aug 29 16:17:31 UTC 2017

Manny Romero <mannyromero at mail.com> schrieb am Di., 29. Aug. 2017 um
15:03 Uhr:

> I am a Linux user (Mint 18) trying to install Idris. I don't know the
> slightest thing about computers.

Sorry I have to ask… But if you do not know anything about computers as you
said, why do you want to install Idris?

> I barely managed to install Linux, and later the full GHC, based on ample
> instructions available on the Web. (Still don't actually recall how I did
> it!)

Installing Linux (the mainstream distributions at least) is not different
from installing windows… Insert CD, select language, select username, wait,
be happy…

I really do not want to hurt your feelings, but why are you wading through
these things you do not understand? Can't you try something else which is
just slightly out of your comfort zone? Or find someone in your area
guiding you through everything?