[Haskell-beginners] wxHaskell: add an external event from another thread

Puck lists0 at freea2a.de
Thu Jan 7 21:27:44 UTC 2016

Hello all,

how is it possible to process external events, for example a
succeeded getLine or a takeMVar with its values in the wxHaskell
framework?

The reason is, that I want to connect a erlang node to wxHaskell.

I have found the functions
Graphics.UI.WX.Events.newEvent :: String -> (w -> IO a) -> (w -> a ->
IO ()) -> Event w a
"Create a new event from a get and set function."

Beside from, that I don't know what the get and set function shall do, I
don't know, how I can add the new event to the event-loop of wx, and
when it "fires".

Do you know any possibilities?

Thank you in advance