[Haskell-beginners] Haskell package maturity

Mario Lang mlang at delysid.org
Wed Sep 30 16:11:06 UTC 2015

Marcin Mrotek <marcin.jan.mrotek at gmail.com> writes:

> I've started programming in Haskell years after the last version of
> queuelike was uploaded, and today is the first time I've heard of
> it. The last time I needed a queue I've used Sequence, and when I was
> googling for priority queues I didn't see any mention of this
> package. I figure it being filed under "Algorithms" and not
> "Containers" also doesn't help things.

FWIW, I recently looked at the "packages by category"[1] page on Hackage and
found it more or less completely useless.  There are far too many
categories.  Some categories do appear with their singular and plural
forms, and many packages seem to be filed at least unexpectedly into a
category.  I gather this mess has developed because categories have
been added over time.  Does Hackage have an "override" file for package
provided data?

[1] http://hackage.haskell.org/packages/

--
CYa,