[Haskell-beginners] Help - I'm completely lost with building a really simple app with Snap and Groundhog

Matthias Beyer mail at beyermatthias.de
Sat Jun 20 19:54:27 UTC 2015

Hi,

I am learning Haskell by trying to implement a really simple CRUD like
web app with Snap and Groundhog - and I'm completely lost, cannot get
it to work.

The relevant code is here:

    https://github.com/matthiasbeyer/rate.hs/tree/restart_clean

What the app should be able to do:

    - CRUD Categories, where a category can have several subcategories
      or Ratings
    - CRUD Ratings, where a rating has a title, a description and, of
      course, a rating (something like a number from 0-10)

That's it. Backend should be postgresql, frontend should contain a
list of all categories with all ratings (a simple tree) and each
rating should have its own page where the description is listed.

So, I guess, this is not really complex or anything, but I'm
completely list with both integrating groundhog and heist, the former
beeing my current step.

Can someone digg into my code and tell me what I'm doing wrong? Or
maybe even provide a _good_ tutorial for me? Or even be my mentor for
this? Would be really nice!

Good night, Haskell community!

--
Mit freundlichen Grüßen,