[Haskell-beginners] Stack and packages not in the snapshot

Michael Snoyman michael at snoyman.com
Mon Aug 31 06:16:59 UTC 2015

Your last paragraph is correct: stack will never automatically pull in a
package that's not explicitly added to your build plan (either via snapshot
or extra-deps), but if you run `stack build foo`, it will listen to you and
install it. The exact semantics of this are covered in:

https://github.com/commercialhaskell/stack/wiki/Build-command