[Haskell-beginners] Functors and Applicatives; I'm just not getting it ...

Frank frankdmartinez at gmail.com
Sat Oct 18 22:37:18 UTC 2014

I've had a go at LYAH and CIS 194 and the Typeclassopedia and I just don't
get get functors and applicatives. I'm simply not understanding them, what
the various symbols/keywords mean, what they represent, how to think of
them, etc. Nothing. Is there any kind of documented model I should be
considering? Is there a "functors and applicatives for Dummies" I should
read? Should I just give it up, not bother with Haskell and just stick to
scheme/ruby/C++?

--
P.S.: I prefer to be reached on BitMessage at
BM-2D8txNiU7b84d2tgqvJQdgBog6A69oDAx6