[Haskell-beginners] LYAHFGG, chapter 11 question

David McBride toad3k at gmail.com
Wed Aug 27 02:44:39 UTC 2014

You are nearing the end of the book, and it is pulling out some more
advanced concepts on you.  I didn't understand applicatives until a bit
later, and you certainly don't need to understand them to code reasonable
haskell.  Nonetheless, they exist and are used quite a bit and so it is
worthwhile to present them.

It may help you to pull out ghci and start messing with bits of code as you
read so that you can get a feel for it intuitively.