[Haskell-beginners] Crash Course for C++ "Refugees"?

Henk-Jan van Tuyl hjgtuyl at chello.nl
Wed Aug 13 23:02:00 UTC 2014

On Wed, 13 Aug 2014 19:19:12 +0200, Frank <frankdmartinez at gmail.com> wrote:

> Is Anyone able to point Me in the direction of a "crash course"
> or "quick start" guide for Anyone used to programming in C++ seeking to
> call Haskell code from the C++ portion and/or vice versa? I am especially
> interested in knowing how to pass information from, say, the C++ standard
> template library containers (e.g., vector, valarray, etc.) and into
> Haskell
> functions/methods/procedures/etc. While I might have missed such
> information when I performed a web search on the topic, I did not find
> any
> information to help. Any assistance in finding such material would be
> greatly appreciated.

wxHaskell uses C to bind to wxWidgets, which is written in C++. See for
instance:
   https://github.com/wxHaskell/wxHaskell/blob/master/wxc/src/cpp/wrapper.cpp

A short introduction how to write a C wrapper can be found at:
   http://wewantarock.wordpress.com/2012/01/12/who-is-my-community/
look for "Wrapping C++ for beginners"

Regards,
Henk-Jan van Tuyl