[Haskell-beginners] Haskell Platform: Troubleshooting package configuration errors?

egarrulo egarrulo at gmail.com
Sat Jun 15 18:49:41 CEST 2013

Apparently, "network" is a tricky package (emphasis mine):

Quote: "The library situation is great, with the exception of GUI and
***networking*** utilities, which are notorious for not compiling on all
platforms and breaking on compiler upgrades."
(source:
http://www.reddit.com/r/haskell/comments/14nj0r/what_doesnt_haskell_do_well/c7etz7n)

Well, since Debian 7 has been released already, until I'll upgrade my
Debian 6 box, I'll content myself with the old Haskell environment
(GHC 6.12.1) that ships with Debian 6's package manager.

Thanks everybody for your attention.

Cheers.