[Haskell-beginners] Can't install json-.0.4.4 - memory allocation failed

Dan Tenenbaum dtenenba at fhcrc.org
Thu Nov 22 00:24:07 CET 2012

It's not a PPC machine, it's an Intel Machine.
The only Haskell Platform installer for Mac OS 10.5 that I have found
is at the bottom of:
http://www.haskell.org/platform/mac.html
It's labeled  2010.2.0.0.

I don't think I have any old port installations hanging out messing
things up (though I'll doublecheck). For one thing, /opt/local (where
port installs things) is not in the PATH. I've never used brew on this
machine,

I tried passing some parameters to use the compacting collector, and
to set the heap size, as suggested by this post:
http://stackoverflow.com/questions/13479538/cant-install-json-0-4-4-memory-allocation-failed

Unfortunately I get the same results (I set heap size to 4095MB, the
largest I'm allowed to set it).
Doesn't seem to matter whether the compacting collector is used or not.

Dan