[Haskell-beginners] best way to proceed with package install

Miguel Negrao miguel.negrao-lists at friendlyvirus.org
Fri Nov 2 12:49:10 CET 2012

A 30/10/2012, às 18:54, Miguel Negrao escreveu:

> After reading that post and a couple others I tried to install cabal-dev which is supposed to help with some of these issues. Ironically it doesn’t install either...

Ok, I think that was because I was using ghc 7.0.4, I updated to 7.4 (haskell platform latest version) and also first uninstalled the haskell platform and nuked ~/.ghc and ~/.cabal and started over (but now using jobs:8 in ~/.cabal/config after having updated to cabal-install-1.16.0.1 ) and quickly got up to date. cabal-dev also installed fine. Let’s hope I get an easier ride from now on. :-)

best,
Miguel