[Haskell-beginners] Yesod umlaut issue

Obscaenvs obscaenvs at gmail.com
Sat Nov 5 14:09:37 CET 2011

Hello, friends. I come in peace.

I would like there to be an "umlaut-translator"-function for Yesod (i.e.
"ö" -> "ö"), but I have yet to find it. Furthermore the
"#{}"-syntax does escaping of stuff like '<', '>' and, a more troubling
'&' which is used in the umlaut-syntax. So any umlaut-translator would
have to do this *after* the application of toHtml by the "#{}"-syntax
which complicates writing ones own umlaut-converter. I may be totally
wrong here; if so, feel free to correct me. I am also rather new to
Yesod, but I am intent on giving it a good evaluation.

I am going to write several web applications in the near future for
different clients, and Yesod seems like the promising tool. However, I
need this conversion tool -- I *think*; maybe I have the wrong angle
altogether.

/Fredrik