[Haskell-beginners] Haskell GUI library

Henk-Jan van Tuyl hjgtuyl at chello.nl
Wed May 4 23:50:55 CEST 2011

On Wed, 04 May 2011 16:06:33 +0200, Nathan Hüsken
<nathan.huesken at posteo.de> wrote:

> Hey,
>
> looking on the haskell homepage, there are a lot of gui libraries (or at
> least bindings) available.
> One big difference seems to be that some are based on "Functional
> Reactive Programming" (I do not know what that is, just read it).
>
> So if I want to write a gui in haskell, which library should I use?
> Which is stable enough? Has anyone experience with some of these gui
> libraries?

I tried Gtk2Hs a couple of years ago on my Windows PC and found a lot of
serious bugs. Recently there was some discussion about problems on Mac OS
X. The Gtk2Hs license is not suitable if you want to sell your software.

WxHaskell works fine for me and the license is very liberal.

Regards,
Henk-Jan van Tuyl

--
http://Van.Tuyl.eu/