[Haskell-beginners] Does haskell have to have values?

Patrick Lynch kmandpjlynch at verizon.net
Wed Mar 23 22:34:54 CET 2011

Hi,

I'm going thru RWH [Real World Haskell] too...
I'm finding it to be an excellent way to learn Haskell. I prefer it to the
Computer Scientist geared books that I'm also reading...
I also found "Learn You a Haskell for Great Good!" to be very worthwhile -
I've ordered a copy of it and it should be availble at the end of April, see
link:
http://book.realworldhaskell.org/read/code-case-study-parsing-a-binary-data-format.html
I found a link for RWH too - it is:
http://fldit-www.cs.uni-dortmund.de/~peter/RealWorldHaskell.pdf

BTW: I'm also an independent software consultant -- been doing it for 30+
years...

As for your question, I'm not, as yet, prepared to answer it...but it seems
to me that 'Sections' and 'Currying' are very important in the study of
Haskell...but I'm still in 'newbie' status...

I tried to install TK on my Windows Vista PC but was unable to do so...I
will try it again, using RWH - if you're heading there too, please let me
know - perhaps we can work this together...

I also took a look at Category Theory books but so far I'm stumped with it -
it's starting to make a bit of sense but I don't know if I'll be able to
link it to Haskell...

Good luck to both of us...
Pat