[Haskell-beginners] not getting heap profiling data from test runs

Sean Perry shaleh at speakeasy.net
Wed Jun 22 10:05:14 CEST 2011

I have done the following:

$ ghc --version
The Glorious Glasgow Haskell Compilation System, version 7.0.3
$ ghc -O2 -o myapp --make main.hs -prof -auto-all -rtsopts -fforce-recomp
$ ./myapp foo.csv +RTS -hb
$ cat ./myapp.hp
JOB "myapp foo.csv +RTS -hb"
DATE "Wed Jun 22 00:34 2011"
SAMPLE_UNIT "seconds"
VALUE_UNIT "bytes"
BEGIN_SAMPLE 0.00
END_SAMPLE 0.00
BEGIN_SAMPLE 0.00
END_SAMPLE 0.00

I get the same result from other -h options.

There are a total of 4 hs files compiled for this app. I see the same thing with my rpn calculator. Leaving off the -O2 does not help. Nor does -rtsopts=all.

What am I missing?

This is on OSX using the Haskel platform with a cabal installed Text.CSV (which I did --reinstall -p on to be certain).