[Haskell-beginners] minimal Haskell concepts subset

Davi Santos dps.abc at gmail.com
Tue Jul 26 01:20:05 CEST 2011

Julian,
my major critique to some OO programs is exactly the object
over-orientation.
It is something like: "divide in objects until it becomes impossible to
continue dividing".
I agree with you when comparing to FP.
Beyond that, now I realize my object over-orientation feeling can be
analogous to my over-abstraction in FP feeling.
I am not sure if it is a problem with my early imperative experience or if
it is a real problem of taking things to their extremes.

Thomas, Stephen and KC,
I will check out the mini Haskells. May be they were made specially to me,
:) .
If I stay still unsatisfied, "Programming in Haskell" is an option to
restart learning.

It has been a productive discussion,
thank you all for the open-minded attitude.

Davi