[Haskell-beginners] Looking for a datastructure

Kees Bleijenberg k.bleijenberg at inter.nl.net
Fri Jul 15 11:42:12 CEST 2011

My program uses a very long list of (index,count) items. Index and count are
Int's.
The program updates the count values a lot. Therefor it uses the index as a
key to update the belonging count value.
After updating, the program needs the (index,count) pair with the least
count value in the list.
What is an approriate (fast) datastructure? My first idea was to use a heap.
Problem with the heap is that I can't update the count value by its index
fast.
Any ideas?

Kees